Bain & Company is a leading Global Management Consulting firm. In 2004, the firm established its presence in the Indian market by opening the Bain Capability Center (BCC) in New Delhi. The BCC plays a critical role in supporting Bain's case teams globally to help with analytics and research across all industries, for corporate cases, client development, private equity diligence or Bain intellectual property. In 2018, the BCC evolved to the BCN (Bain Capability Network) to reflect our growing global presence.
This position is for a Project Leader (PL) to lead a team of analysts within the ‘Private Equity Center of Expertize’. BCN’s Private Equity CoE works on live due diligences and IP/CD with Bain case teams across the globe. The work spans a breadth of industries and multiple types of analysis including target screening, market sizing, market & competitive intelligence, consumer surveys, workforce analytics, digital analytics, and disruption assessments. The CoE is witnessing huge demand from the Bain System, and as such, there are immense opportunities for a PL to grow within the BCN PE CoE.
Project Leaders produce client-ready research and analysis, generating strong business insights and understanding implications. Project Leaders work under the guidance of a Manager / Senior Manager, playing a key role in driving the team’s overall answer and final materials, client communication, work planning, and team management. Project Leaders are generalists who lead projects across any geography or industry.
Domain expertise/prior experience in diligence/transaction work (target screening, survey analytics, workforce assessment, sector and industry scans, etc). Advanced or Digital analytcis is a plus.
Core Responsibilities and Duties:
• Provide thought leadership and sound business judgment to drive the team’s research and analysis on cases across geographies and industries
• Able to quickly come up to speed on different businesses and perform research and analysis across all geographies and industries
• Take responsibility for assigning work streams; monitor and balance workload
• Identify and employ relevant research sources and analytical tools
• Ensure timely, high quality, zero-defect research, analysis and output produced by the analysts
• Comfortable with the fast-paced nature of due diligences, that require quick ramp up on new projects
• Understand client needs and situations and adapt to case expectations
• Generate and screen realistic answers based on sound reality checks and recommend actionable solutions
• Communicate data, knowledge, and clearly explain insights and implications for the client to the entire team
• Effectively communicate with BCN clients, who are Bain teams around the world
• Team management responsibility which involves allocating and reviewing work to a team of Analysts & Associates and conducting performance discussions, writing reviews for appraisal,
• Consistently provide responsible feedback in all interactions; recognize team’s development needs and provide feedback toward constant improvement
• Assist on Office Management roles (e.g. recruiting, marketing, training, etc.)
• B.Com, B.E, B.Tech and/or MBA from a top-tier institute/university with strong academic record
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in a professional services context
• Should possess excellent analytical, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Should possess strong communication and team skills
• Prior research experience, for example in commercial due diligence, target screening, market sizing, market & competitive intelligence, consumer surveys is a Plus
• Prior experience in digital analytics (e.g. social media analytics, web analytics) is a plus
• Experienced at managing teams, and adept at multi-tasking
• Ability to deal with ambiguity, and develop approaches to tackle diligence questions
• Hands-on experience with tools such as Alteryx and Tableau, as well as languages such as R/Python is a plus