Bain & Company is a leading Global Management Consulting firm. In 2004, the firm established its presence in the Indian market by opening the Bain Capability Center (BCC) in New Delhi. The BCC plays a critical role in supporting Bain's case teams globally to help with analytics and research across all industries, for corporate cases, client development, private equity diligence or Bain intellectual property. In 2018, the BCC evolved to the BCN (Bain Capability Network) to reflect our growing global presence.
This position is for a Manager to lead teams within the ‘Private Equity Center of Expertize’. BCN’s Private Equity CoE works on live due diligences and IP/CD with Bain case teams across the globe. The work spans a breadth of industries and multiple types of analysis including target screening, market sizing, market & competitive intelligence, consumer surveys, workforce analytics, digital analytics, and disruption assessments. The CoE is witnessing huge demand from the Bain System, and as such, there are immense opportunities for a Manager to grow within the BCN PE CoE.
The Manager will direct the team on assessing opportunities and risks in diligence projects. Additionally, the Manager will achieve an understanding of Bain case teams, client development teams, and industry practice areas. The Manager takes responsibility of both the answer, and the process on casework; they direct the team’s work, conduct sense checks, liaise with clients, and develop and coach team members on an ongoing basis. They provide significant direction and support to resolve complex issues and effectively manage client and team. The Manager is responsible for managing internal client relationships through high quality content delivery, and provides day-to-day coaching and mentoring to Project Leaders and Associates on work-planning, problem solving, research toolkit, hypothesis generation and people management. The Manager proactively manages BCN client's expectations and builds active promoters for BCN.
Managers typically hold simultaneous responsibility for 2 teams. They are also a part of the BCN management team and lead other office initiatives such as recruiting, training, business strategy.
Domain expertise/prior experience in diligence/transaction work (target screening, survey analytics, workforce assessment, sector and industry scans, etc). Advanced or Digital analytcis is a plus.
Core Responsibilities and Duties:
· Lead a group of Project Leaders, Associates and Analysts to execute multiple cases simultaneously
· Take responsibility for assigning work streams. Monitor and manage workload, and resolve overloads; define daily deliverables, set and manage deadlines and ensure quality control
· Engage with internal Bain clients on a daily basis (via calls and email) to get context for projects, align on approach and communicate insights
· Comfortable with the fast-paced nature of due diligences, that require quick ramp up on new projects
· Proficient at identifying and using the relevant analytical tools and ensure zero-defect in all work streams and ensures quality work delivery
· Understand client needs and situations and adapt to case expectations. Show ability to resolve complex issues across work streams.
· Communicate data, knowledge, and clearly explain insights and implications for the client to the entire team. Generate and screen realistic answers based on sound reality checks and recommend actionable solutions.
· Effectively manages client and team meetings and deliver clear and professional presentations to the team, team leaders and managers/partners across the Bain system.
· Consistently provide responsible feedback in all interactions; recognizes team’s development needs and provide feedback toward constant improvement
· Be part of the Private Equity and BCN leadership team, and help in office-wide initiatives
· Lead with maturity and inspiration; Perceived as a fair and unbiased role model
· B.Com, B.E, B.Tech and/or MBA from a top-tier institute/university with strong academic record
· Minimum of 8 years of experience in a professional services context
· Should possess excellent analytical, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
· Should possess strong work planning, communication and team skills
· Prior research experience, for example in commercial due diligence, target screening, market sizing, market & competitive intelligence, consumer surveys
· Prior experience in digital analytics (e.g. social media analytics, web analytics) is a plus
· Experienced at managing teams, and adept at multi-tasking
· Ability to deal with ambiguity, and develop approaches to tackle diligence questions
· Hands-on experience with tools such as Alteryx and Tableau, as well as languages such as R/Python is a plus