Bain & Company is one of the top management consulting firms in the world. In 2004, the firm established its presence in the Indian market by opening the Bain Capability Network (BCN) in New Delhi. The BCN plays a critical role in supporting Bain's case teams globally to help with analytics and research across all industries, for corporate cases, client development, private equity diligence or Bain intellectual property. The BCN is comprised of Consulting Services and Shared Services.
PROCUREMENT COE SUMMARY:
The Procurement Center of Excellence (COE) sits within the Cost Transformation & Procurement COE of BCN and supports Bain’s procurement cases globally.
• At Cost Transformation & Procurement COE, our focus is on cost transformation through rapid cost reduction (Bain Accelerated Transformation); cost management/visibility and budgeting control and tracking (Zero Based Budgeting); and formulating sourcing strategy and category support/ implementation (Procurement)
• We are a bunch of enterprising, highly analytical, and motivated ~50 enthusiasts spread across India, and US - with background across Engineering, Business, Math and Economics and varied industry experience
• Procurement COE supports procurement diagnostic and cost reduction programs for clients, to help improve their competitive positioning and strategy formulation/ execution
This position is based in the BCN’s Gurgaon office and is an integral part of the Procurement Centre of Expertise, housed under the Cost Transformation & Procurement COE. The individual will be responsible for owning at least a couple of Procurement transformation cases and drive case delivery involving spend visibility through comprehensive spend cube build, spend analytics to identify insights related to procurement cost optimization initiatives, develop category sourcing strategies and finally executing the sourcing strategies to realize value for clients by supporting Bain case teams across the globe. Individual will be expected to be an expert on procurement COE offerings and be a trusted advisor to Bain case teams. Over time, the individual will be expected to begin to develop, grow business and contribute to IP creation related to Procurement practice offerings. Individual will work under the guidance of the COE Director / Sr. Director, playing a key role in driving the team’s overall answer, final materials, client communication, work planning, and team management.
The position is required to manage and guide COE teams on how to make businesses more valuable and achieves an understanding of Bain case teams, client development teams and develop offerings supporting procurement practice area. Being a strategic leader, the individual will be required to take responsibility of managing multiple work streams and developing team members for key leadership roles on BCN teams. Provides feedback and coaches Project Leaders on task execution and role. Provides significant direction and support to resolve complex issues and effectively manage client and team. Individual will also be a part of the COE management team and lead other office initiatives such as recruiting, training and business strategy.
Core Responsibilities and Duties:
• Leads a group of Project Leaders, Associates and Analysts to execute multiple Procurement transformation cases simultaneously
• Effectively manages client / team meetings and delivers clear and professional presentations to the team and managers/partners across the Bain system.
• Takes responsibility for assigning work streams. Monitors and manages workload and resolves overloads
• Reviews and ensures timely, high quality, error-free outputs produced by the team
• Understands client/ case team needs and adapts procurement COE service offerings to case expectations. Show ability to resolve complex issues across work streams
• Provides team guidance, procurement thought leadership (in areas like spend analysis, cost optimization levers, strategic sourcing, category strategy development, etc.) and exhibits sound business judgment to drive delivery of procurement cases across geographies
• Communicates data, knowledge, and clearly explain insights and implications for the client to the entire team. Generate and screen realistic answers based on sound reality checks and recommend actionable solutions
• Contributes to business development and supports in the development of new initiatives, COE service offerings and innovation areas related to procurement
• Consistently provide responsible feedback in all interactions; recognizes team’s development needs and provide feedback toward constant improvement. Provides coaching and mentoring to team members
• Assist on Office Management roles (e.g. recruiting, marketing, training, etc.)
Candidates should be graduates/post-graduates from top-tier colleges with strong academic
records and minimum experience of 8 years. Candidates must have relevant procurement consulting and spend analytics experience from a leading consulting firm. Prior industry experience in procurement domain is preferred. Candidates should possess excellent analytic, work planning, communication and team skills. Prior experience with managing teams, coaching and mentoring is important. Strong skills in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint is required. Experience in using analytics or data visualization tools like Alteryx, Tableau, Power BI is preferred