Bain & Company is a global consultancy that helps the world’s most ambitious change makers define the future. Across 59 offices in 37 countries, we work alongside our clients as one team with a shared ambition to achieve extraordinary results, outperform the competition and redefine industries. We are passionate about achieving results for our clients (our public clients have historically outperformed the stock market 4:1).
We are proud to be consistently recognized as one of the world's best places to work, a champion of diversity and a model of social responsibility. We are currently ranked the #1 consulting firm on Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work list, and we have maintained a spot in the top four on Glassdoor's list for the last 12 years. We believe that diversity, inclusion and collaboration is key to building extraordinary teams. We hire people with exceptional talents, abilities and potential, then create an environment where you can become the best version of yourself and thrive both professionally and personally. We are publicly recognized by external parties such as Fortune, Vault, Mogul, Working Mother, Glassdoor and the Human Rights Campaign for being a great place to work for diversity and inclusion, women, LGBTQ and parents.
The global PPK group is a key function, which helps to identify, create, and leverage “best of Bain” content, expertise, and also helps Bain practice areas develop commercial strategies.
The Reporting & Analytics Manager position is based in Bain’s BCN Gurgaon office and is an integral part of the global PPK team. This role is part of a team-let which will support global FP&A team to provide business intelligence support on key business metrics. This role primarily comprises leading the following key activities with assigned team of Associates and Senior Specialist
• Lead recurring and ad-hoc analytics on key financial metrics as required by leadership, using automated data processing and visualization tools
• Support local leadership with leadership updates by creating relevant content and data as needed
• In addition, this role is responsible for day to day coaching and mentoring as well as long term professional development of direct reports
The major responsibilities of the role include:
Problem solving, hypothesis generation and work-planning
• Understand context of client requests and create practical and targeted solutions, leveraging data and analytical tools
• Create project delivery roadmap in consultation with team leadership
• Lead work-planning (outcomes and timelines) for the assigned projects; manage work-plans for assigned team members
• Monitor and manage workload and resolving overloads
Applies technical expertise of Data Visualization and Data Analysis (EDA) tools like Alteryx, Tableau, etc.
• Provide thought leadership and business judgment on key data analytics and visualization issues
• Demonstrate expertise on the overall workflows of data analytics to identify process improvement opportunities
• Effectively communicate with stakeholders and manage meetings, who are senior Bain audience around the world, to deliver clear and professional presentations
• Ensuring zero-defect in all deliverables and overseeing production of commercial reports and dashboards, ensuring timely, high quality, zerodefect analysis and output, as per agreed SLAs
• Understand stakeholder needs and situations and adapt to project expectations; show ability to resolve complex issues across work streams.
• Leading a group of Associates and Senior Associates over time to execute recurring and ad-hoc reporting for GFPA
• Coaching and training team on tools and processes to drive effectiveness, efficiency and innovation
• Recognize team’s development needs and provide feedback toward constant improvement
Degree level and area of specialization needed for the performance of this role’s Essential Functions
Required: First class undergraduate/post graduate from leading and reputed colleges
Preferred: Concentration in a quantitative discipline such as Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, Econometrics, Business Analytics, or Market Research is strongly preferred
Typical number of years/type of experience
Include the required number of years of overall experience as well as years of experience in a particular function (if applicale).
• 10-12 years (graduates) or 8-10 years (postgraduates) of relevant experience working with large, multi-dimensional data sets and developing different types of visualizations
• Experience managing a team of at least 3 people in an analytics based service delivery domain
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Include specialized background and key competencies needed to perform the role.
• Strong skills in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint required along with proficiency in data analytics software such as Alteryx, Tableau etc. as well as passion for automation of processes/reporting using these tools
• Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
• Ability to prioritize projects, manage multiple competing priorities and drive projects to completion under tight deadlines
• Strong leadership skills and ability to assume leadership role with cross-functional peers
• 2-3 years of experience working in FP&A domain (preferred)
• Experience with using an enterprise data store as the data source or live connection for reports and visuals in BI Tools like Tableau
• Experience with other BI Tools and demonstrate capacity to understand and/or adopt/learn new tools