Bain & Company is one of the top management consulting firms in the world. In 2004, the firm established its presence in the Indian market by opening the Bain Capability Center in Gurugram, now renamed as Bain Capability Network (BCN). The BCN plays a critical role in supporting Bain's case teams and initiatives globally to help with analytics and research across all industries and capabilities.
The role of this position is to own multiple case teams, focused on the Healthcare (HC) industry. The HealthCare practice serves leading companies across domains such as Pharmaceuticals, MedTech, Providers, Payers, Global Health and Digital Health. The team is primarily focused on collaborating with practice/ case teams on the development and deployment of industry specific analytical products and topic expertise to answer strategic questions of Bain’s HC clients. A Manager is responsible for building strong client relationships through high quality delivery of projects, while providing day to day coaching and mentoring to team members. A Manager works with his team to build direction and work-plan, approach to problem solving, hypothesis generation and leveraging the research toolkit. A Manager also participates in office initiatives such as recruiting, training, business strategy.
Core Responsibilities and Duties:
We are looking for a candidate who is a self-starter, result oriented, with hands on consulting/research experience, having exposure to two or more core Healthcare domain areas such as Pharma, MedTech, Provider and Payers. Any exposure to data analytics as a part of delivering strategy engagements will be an added advantage. The role would require candidate to hit the ground running in a fast growth environment. The role would require a willingness and ability to take initiative and learn independently
• Engage with Practice leadership on evolving case requirements for Healthcare clients
• Build a strong understanding of Pharma/HC IPs and concepts within the team
• Help ideate and share commercial ideas for development and deployment of technical expertise and IPs for various Healthcare case teams
• Help case teams in supporting active cases/proposals with domain specific insights- Provide direct, day-to-day management to a group of 8-10 people
• Ability to lead a group of Project Leaders, Associates, Senior & Junior Analysts to execute multiple cases simultaneously.
• Ensures timely, high quality delivery to clients through effective team management; creating hypothesis; defining deliverables and envisaged outputs; drawing the structure and plan; prioritizing and setting daily timelines; reviewing the team’s output, providing feedback and ensuring quality control
• Identifies and proactively engages on critical issues on projects and with clients; Proactively resolve problems, remove roadblocks, escalate issues as needed
• Is proficient at identifying and using the relevant analytical tools and ensure zero-defect in all work streams and ensures quality work delivery
• Wherever needed, leverages advanced tools (Tableau, Alteryx, Python, R, SPSS) to improve team efficiency
- Own and maintain client relationships
• Understand client needs and situations and adapt to case expectations. Show ability to resolve complex issues across work streams.
• Communicate data, knowledge, and clearly explain insights and implications for the client to the entire team. Generate and screen realistic answers based on sound reality checks and recommend actionable solutions.
• Able to engage with stakeholders on a broad range of Healthcare topics, bringing personal experience and parallels from industry knowledge
• Exhibits outstanding interpersonal and communication skills – quickly creates his or her visibility with senior stakeholders across Bain ecosystem
• Effectively manages client and team meetings and deliver clear and professional presentations to the team, team leaders and managers/partners across the Bain system.
- Exerts strong positive influence over developing and retaining top talent
• Develop professional development plans, provide coaching/training, recognize accomplishments of direct reports
• Provides day-to-day coaching on work-planning, problem solving, hypothesis generation and research toolkit
• Ability to build connect with the team members through a trust-based relationship at all levels is a must. Acts as a role model and brand ambassador of the Bain culture
• Constructively engages in mutual feedback process with supervisor and direct reportees; provides concrete, regular and actionable feedback
• Deliver performance reviews, recommends ratings
- Act as part of the BCN leadership team; involved in on-the-ground office operations
• Comes with a strong entrepreneurial/business owner mindset helping New product/solution development, leading thought process in line with the vision for future growth
B.Pharm/MBBS/ BDS/BE (BioTech) + MBA
8+ years of research and consulting experience in Pharma/Healthcare domain
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Requirements:
• Graduate from tier-1 college with 8+ years of experience in a global professional services firm environment with exposure to business research and consulting
• Preferably an MBA from tier-1 business school
• Experience in providing internal/external strategic consulting to HC clients, with exposure to HC topics
• Strong academic credentials, analytical ability and leadership skills
• Excellent communication skills, can drive senior client/stakeholder level discussions
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and develop open ended ideas to practical results
• Maturity to lead by example, willingness to get into detail as required while also balancing delegation effectively
• A strong team player and demonstrated ability to motivate team members