Bain & Company is one of the top management consulting firms in the world. In 2004, the firm established its presence in the Indian market by opening the Bain Capability Network (BCN) in New Delhi. The BCN is now known as BCN (Bain Capability Network) with its nodes across various geographies. BCN plays a critical role in supporting Bain's case teams globally to help with analytics and research across all industries, for corporate cases, client development, private equity diligence or Bain intellectual property. The BCN comprises of Consulting Services, Knowledge Services and Shared Services.
The position directs the team on how to make businesses more valuable and achieves an understanding of Bain case teams, client development teams and develop industry practice areas. Being a strategic Leader takes responsibility of sharing appropriate information within work streams and developing team members for key leadership roles on BCN teams. Provides feedback and coaches Project Leaders on task execution and role. They provide significant direction and support to resolve complex issues and effectively manage client and team. Incumbent is also a part of the BCN management team and leads other office initiatives such as recruiting, training, business strategy.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Leads a couple of teams comprising of Project Leaders, Associates and Analysts to execute multiple cases simultaneously
• Take responsibility for staffing and assigning specific work streams. Monitors and manages workload and resolves overloads.
• Is proficient at identifying and using the relevant analytical tools and ensure zero-defect in all work streams and ensures quality work delivery
• Understand client needs and situations and adapt to case expectations. Show ability to resolve complex issues across work streams.
• Communicate data, knowledge, and clearly explain insights and implications for the client to the entire team. Generate and screen realistic answers based on sound reality checks and recommend actionable solutions.
• Effectively manages client and team meetings and deliver clear and professional presentations to the team, team leaders and managers/partners across the Bain system.
• Consistently provide responsible feedback in all interactions; recognizes team’s development needs and provide feedback toward constant improvement.
• Responsible for assigning work streams. Monitors and manages workload and resolves overloads.
• Proficient at identifying and using the relevant analytical tools and ensure zero-defect in all work streams and ensures quality work delivery
• Generate and screen realistic answers based on sound reality checks and recommend actionable solutions
• Consistently provide responsible feedback in all interactions; recognizes team’s development needs and provide feedback toward constant improvement
• Support recruiting efforts for on-campus, industry, and other channels throughout the year
Incumbent should be a B.Com, B.E, B.Tech and/or MBA from top-tier institute/university with strong academic records and minimum 8 years of experience. Incumbent should possess excellent analytics, work planning, communication and team skills, and able to handle multiple
7+ years of professional experience with 2-3+ years of progressive roles in management consulting
Excellent work planning, communication and team skills, and able to handle multiple tasks
Proficiency in excel and powerpoint
Experience and results track record in research field across a broad range of industries
Ability to excel at solving problems that require logical reasoning, creating thinking, comfort with numbers, and the ability to untangle complex issues
Ability to engage with client on strategic decisions required for enterprise IT implementation/transformation
Irrespective of an individual’s specific background, the successful candidate will be:
Entrepreneurial, proactive, and productive; someone who instinctively knows what needs to be done and rallies colleagues to get things accomplished; “rolls up the sleeves” and gets things done
Bright – both insightful and creative, with strong problem-solving skills and pragmatic, with a practical, “real-world” sense of what is actually “do-able”. Possesses an affinity for data-driven insights to making decisions and creating a track record of demonstrable results
Articulate and compelling in his/her oral and written communication skills; engaging and concise – with interpersonal “presence”; adaptable across executive, technical and Bain audiences
Energetic, with drive, enthusiasm, and natural skills in relationship development; well-connected, with an extensive network of potentially relevant relationships