Bain & Company is a leading global management consulting firm. In 2004, the firm established its presence in the Indian market by opening the Bain Capability Center (BCC) in New Delhi. The BCC plays a critical role in supporting Bain's case teams globally to help with analytics and research across all industries, for corporate cases, client development, private equity diligence or Bain intellectual property. In 2018, the BCC evolved to the BCN (Bain Capability Network) to reflect our growing global presence. The BCN is comprised of Consulting Services and Shared Services.
The role of this position is to lead a case team focused on the Telecom, Media & Technology (TMT) industry. The TMT practice serves leading companies across domains such as Wireline and Wireless Telecommunication, Cable and Satellite, Media, Software, Technology and Semiconductors. The team is primarily focused on collaborating with practice/front end case teams on the development and deployment of industry specific analytical products to answer strategic questions of Bain’s TMT clients. A Project Lead (PL) is responsible for building strong client relationships through high quality delivery of projects, while providing day to day coaching and mentoring to team members. The Project Lead works with his team to build direction and work-plan, approach to problem solving, hypothesis generation and leveraging the research toolkit. The PL is also participating in office initiatives such as recruiting, training, business strategy.
Core Responsibilities and Duties:
We are looking for a candidate who is a self-starter, result oriented, with hands on consulting operations delivery experience, having exposure to two or more core TMT domain areas. Any exposure to data analytics as a part of delivering strategy engagements will be a plus. The role would require candidate to hit the ground running in a fast growth environment. The role would require a willingness and ability to take initiative and learn independently
• Provide direct, day-to-day management to a group of 4-5 people
• Ability to Lead a group of Associates, Senior & Junior Analysts to execute cases with limited guidance from the Manager
• Ensures timely, high quality delivery to clients through effective team management; creating hypothesis; defining deliverables and envisaged outputs; drawing the structure and plan; prioritizing and setting daily timelines; reviewing the team’s output, providing feedback and ensuring quality control
• Identifies and proactively engages on critical issues on projects and with clients; Proactively resolve problems, remove roadblocks, escalate issues as needed
• Is proficient at identifying and using the relevant analytical tools and ensure zero-defect in all work streams and ensures quality work delivery
• Wherever needed, leverages advanced tools (Tableau, Alteryx, Python, R, SPSS) to improve team efficiency
• Own and maintain client relationships
• Understand client needs and situations and adapt to case expectations. Show ability to resolve complex issues across work streams.
• Communicate data, knowledge, and clearly explain insights and implications for the client to the entire team. Generate and screen realistic answers based on sound reality checks and recommend actionable solutions.
• Able to engage with stakeholders on a broad range of TMT topics, bringing personal experience and parallels from industry knowledge
• Effectively manages client and team meetings and deliver clear and professional presentations to the team, team leaders and managers/partners across the Bain system.
• Exerts strong positive influence over hiring, developing and retaining top talent
• Develop professional development plans, provide coaching/training, recognize accomplishments of direct reports
• Provides day-to-day coaching on work-planning, problem solving, hypothesis generation and research toolkit; Coaches effectively, which is visible in the Associates and Analysts
• Ability to build connect with the team members through a trust-based relationship at all levels is a must. Acts as a role model and brand ambassador of the Bain culture
• Constructively engages in mutual feedback process with supervisor and direct reportees; provides concrete, regular and actionable feedback
• Ability to synthesize complex information and generating meaningful insights based on data from primary and secondary research. Coaches his or her team to learn the skills of synthesis and messaging
• Deliver performance reviews, recommends ratings