Bain & Company is a leading global management consulting firm. In 2004, the firm established its presence in the Indian market by opening the Bain Capability Center (BCC) in New Delhi. The BCC plays a critical role in supporting Bain's case teams globally to help with analytics and research across all industries, for corporate cases, client development, private equity diligence or Bain intellectual property. In 2018, the BCC evolved to the BCN (Bain Capability Network) to reflect our growing global presence. BCN comprises of Consulting Services, Knowledge Services and Shared Services.
Associate works as a team member/contributor on BCN cases, driving the analysis on complex cases with significant direction from a Team Leader and occasionally leading simple cases independently. In addition, associates help mentor and coach analysts providing feedback. The expectation is to eventually provide significant direction and support to resolve complex issues and effectively manage client and team meetings. As an Associate; the individual would be working on one of the leading Telecom, Media and Tech clients with projects spanning any geography.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
We are looking for a candidate who is self-starter, result oriented, with hands on consulting delivery experience. Any exposure to data analytics as a part of delivering strategy engagements will be a plus. The role would require candidate to hit the ground running in a fast growth environment. The role would require willingness and ability to take initiative and learn independently
• Candidate should be currently working in strategy consulting/research oriented set-up with key focus on Telecom and Tech sectors; and possess acumen to solve open ended problems
• Able to quickly come up to speed on different businesses and perform research and analysis
• Proficient in research and analysis, but able to provide solid business judgment to derive answers in situations where data is not easily available or explicitly published
• Able to interface with primary client contact (Bain case teams from any global office)
• May have first level team management responsibility which involves allocating and reviewing work to a small team of analysts and conducting performance discussions, writing reviews for appraisal
• May manage simple cases consistently and independently
• Provide content thought leadership and team management
Candidate should be 2-4 years of experience with a Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree with 1-3 years of experience. In either case, the experience should be in research and consulting industry. Candidates should possess excellent analytical, communication, problem solving and team player skills; ability to handle multiple tasks and work under pressure. Should possess strong in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills. Prior experience in similar analytical/consulting roles oriented to Telecom/tech consulting may be an added advantage.