Bain & Company is a global consultancy that helps the world’s most ambitious change makers define the future. Across 61 offices in 39 countries, we work alongside our clients as one team with a shared ambition to achieve extraordinary results, outperform the competition and redefine industries. Since our founding in 1973, we have measured our success by the success of our clients, and we proudly maintain the highest level of client advocacy in the industry.
In 2004, the firm established its presence in the Indian market by opening the Bain Capability Center (BCC) in New Delhi. The BCC is now known as BCN (Bain Capability Network) with its nodes across various geographies. BCN plays a critical role in supporting Bain's case teams globally to help with analytics and research across all industries, for corporate cases, client development, private equity diligence or Bain intellectual property. The BCN comprises of Consulting Services, Knowledge Services and Shared Services.
WHO YOU’LL WORK WITH:
This position is based in the BCN’s Gurgaon office and is an integral part of the Cost Transformation & Procurement Centre of Expertise (CT&P CoE). CT&P CoE helps Bain case teams in India and abroad on multiple cost reduction/optimization activities through a suite of solutions ranging from Procurement (Spend cube, analytics, maturity assessment, vendor strategy etc.), Zero-based budgeting (Cost visibility, Budgeting, Initiative tracking, client training) to cost diagnostics (Value Calculator, Net Working Capital etc.), savings and PMI Analysis. The CoE undertakes complex and advanced data analysis to analyze client’s data and then generates critical insights to help achieve the cost objective. Over time we have built seamless solutions and powerful, dynamic visualizations/charts on multiple platforms (Power BI, Tableau). CT&P CoE is also involved in generation of critical IP useful for new Cost transformation/procurement cases globally at Bain.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Project Leader leads a team of 3-4 team members of Analysts and Associates on problem solving, work-planning, research, analytics and overall content to produce client ready materials and generate business insights and implications. You will also help Bain partners in developing intellectual property (IP), go-to-market materials, pitch documents and publications. The position reports into a Manager/Sr. Manager.
• Own end to end case delivery of Performance Improvement projects – Cost Transformation / Procurement. This includes the following
o Assist case teams across Bain’s ecosystem to analyze the levers/methods for cost savings
o Understand client’s financial and supplier data using P&L, ERP Systems, budgeting systems, supplier databases and purchase order systems to identify major spend categories and look for cost savings using benchmarking (Internal and external)
• Review and provide guidance to the team on the ongoing cases; monitor and balance workloads
• Identify and employ relevant research sources and analytical tools
• Ensure timely and high-quality output/analysis produced by the junior team members; conduct reality checks on the answers before communicating to the client
• Communicate data, knowledge, and clearly explain insights and implications for the client to the entire team
• Effectively communicate with BCN leadership/case teams/end clients and manage relationships
• Able to quickly come up to speed on different businesses and perform research and analysis across geographies and industries
• Engage with Practice leadership on evolving IP/existing products; and ideate in developing new products/IP
• Provide thought leadership and sound business judgment to drive benchmarking support on cases across geographies and industries
• Provide feedback towards constant improvement and recognize team’s development needs
• Candidate should be a graduate/post-graduate with strong academic records and relevant experience in cost transformation, procurement or performance improvement roles
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in industry or consulting firms
• Excellent analytical skills, communication skills (ability to deliver clear and professional presentations to senior stakeholders), team management and project management skills
• Demonstrated ability to work with MS Excel and PowerPoint
• Knowledge of visualization and tools such as Alteryx, Tableau, PowerBI (Python/R, Anaplan knowledge is a plus)
• Ability to deal with ambiguity, handle multiple tasks and dynamic case expectations
WHAT MAKES US A GREAT PLACE TO WORK:
We are proud to be consistently recognized as one of the world's best places to work, a champion of diversity and a model of social responsibility. We are currently ranked the #1 consulting firm on Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work list, and we have maintained a spot in the top four on Glassdoor's list for the last 12 years. We believe that diversity, inclusion and collaboration is key to building extraordinary teams. We hire people with exceptional talents, abilities and potential, then create an environment where you can become the best version of yourself and thrive both professionally and personally. We are publicly recognized by external parties such as Fortune, Vault, Mogul, Working Mother, Glassdoor and the Human Rights Campaign for being a great place to work for diversity and inclusion, women, LGBTQ and parents.