Bain & Company is one of the top management consulting firms in the world. In 2004, the firm established its presence in the Indian market by opening the Bain Capability Center in Gurugram, now renamed as Bain Capability Network (BCN). The BCN plays a critical role in supporting Bain's case teams and initiatives globally to help with analytics and research across all industries and capabilities.
Pyxis combines alternative data, AI-driven analytics, and institutional investor-led insights to reveal where, how and why consumers buy, how they pay, how much they spend, how their needs and demands are changing, and much more.
By revealing previously opaque fundamental business trends and their drivers, Pyxis enables investors and business decision makers to efficiently allocate capital and address critical problems.
Pyxis has assembled one of the most comprehensive collections of alternative data covering hundreds of millions of people and tens of billions of transactions across the U.S., Canada, Brazil, UK, France and Japan as well as targeted countries across the EU and APAC. This data provides a longitudinal view of consumer and business transactional behaviors—across nearly all verticals over the last six years—and plays an integral role in answering companies’ and investors’ questions about market share, category size, pricing and promotion effectiveness, assortment optimization, ad targeting, loyalty, switching behavior, disruption, and more.
These state-of-the art capabilities enable Bain to provide its clients with a valuable new dimension in investment analysis and strategy development, complementing Bain’s proven “outside-in” approach with the ability to apply complex data sets to assess company fundamentals.
BCN Pyxis modeler will work closely with the BCN team manager, Pyxis Product Manager, General Manager, Bain Partners, and the Proprietary Data group to build and deliver a commercially successful product that spans core sectors across all regions.
• Manage multiple projects across workstreams to deliver high quality, zero defect deliverables and leverage manager’s support on complex pieces
• Build and execute daily workplans for self and team members, proactively flag and address roadblocks to avoid yield loss
• Manage internal and external stakeholders, across instruments and workstreams to provide expertise in data management and tool expertise
• Provides tool based technical expertise to the junior team members when required
• Builds reusable capabilities that can be used by team members or across service lines
• Analyze the data using tools like Alteryx
• Design and execute new benchmarking survey instruments, including assessing data needs and designing the primary research surveys and sample specification
• Respond to onshore team/client questions around the data and insights
• Provide ongoing support for subscription customers, such as additional data cuts and responding to questions about the data/methodology
7+ years of experience in areas related to Data Management, Business Intelligence or Business Analytics. Hands-on experience in managing end-to-end customer surveys, data analysis and visualizations
Incumbent should be a graduate/post graduate from top-tier institute or have pursued a statistical/analytical course from a tier 1 university
Concentration in a quantitative discipline such as Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, Econometrics, Business Analytics, or Market Research is strongly preferred.
5+ years of in-depth experience with working on Tableau and Alteryx
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
o Advanced knowledge of Tableau and Alteryx
o Exceptional analytic and technical skills, including knowledge of market research tools, data science and business intelligence tools,
o Experience explaining and performing a variety of statistical and data mining techniques
o Experience developing audience-right high quality presentations
o Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
o Proven self-starter (comfortable with what could be a remote team) with demonstrated problem solving and organizational skills