Bain & Company is one of the top management consulting firms in the world. In 2004, the firm established its presence in the Indian market by opening the Bain Capability Center in Gurugram, now renamed as Bain Capability Network (BCN). The BCN plays a critical role in supporting Bain's case teams and initiatives globally to help with analytics and research across all industries and capabilities.
This is an opportunity to be a part of BCN’s new incubation – the ‘Visualization CoE’. This CoE is involved in creating and delivering client-ready visualizations, in-turn helping case teams derive strong insights from huge volumes of data. The CoE is a one-stop shop for all case requests related to converting data into insightful visualizations and designs (e.g. survey analytics, client-specific KPI dashboards, etc.). The Senior Associate on this team will play a crucial role in building and delivering visualizations as per client requirements. It is essential for the incumbent to have a strong hold on tools like PowerBI, SQL, Tableau and Alteryx and should be comfortable processing and analyzing huge datasets. The role will allow the person to contribute individually as well as to deliver projects in smaller team lets.
• Deep application of Data Visualization and Data Analysis tools like Power BI, Tableau, Alteryx, etc. to support case teams with analysis of KPIs and development of commercial dashboards
• Understand the context of client requests and create practical and targeted solutions, leveraging data and analytical tools
• Responsible for end-to-end handling of the entire process, i.e. data cleaning, processing and developing visualizations using reporting and analytic tools like PowerBI, Alteryx, Tableau, etc.
• Provide high impact support to stakeholders by demonstrating ability to effectively communicate insights on work-stream and analysis to stakeholders and also ensure timely , high quality , zero – defect analysis and output
• Solve complex custom visualization and analysis issues, providing thought leadership and business judgment
• Work as an individual contributor (or as part of smaller teams) to support onshore teams on data analysis and development of dashboard reports
• Comes with focused experience in visualization tools and is abreast with working on complex PowerBI requests
• Keep abreast of new and current statistical, database and data visualization tools & techniques
Experience & Qualifications:
• Candidate should be a Graduate/Post-Graduate from top-tier College with strong academic records and with 5-8 years of relevant work experience
• Minimum 3+ years of Power BI Implementation experience; Experience in Power BI development, enhancement and migration
• Experience in implementing Power BI reports, reading data from different data sources including on premise data servers, cloud services and several file formats
• Competent with Power BI Desktop, Gateway, Service and Report Server tools
• Good understanding of Power Query M and hands-on experience in building sophisticated DAX queries
• Knowledge of R, Python will be an added advantage
• SQL reporting skills with the ability to create SQL views and write SQL queries to build custom datasets for reporting or analysis will be an added advantage
• Concentration in a quantitative discipline such as Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, Econometrics, Business Analytics, or Market Research is strongly preferred
• Strong skills in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint required along with advanced knowledge of data analytics software such as PowerBI, Tableau, etc. as well as passion for automation of processes/reporting using these tools
• Candidates with certifications in Power BI, Tableau and Alteryx will be preferred
• Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical senior stakeholders
• Ability to prioritize projects, manage multiple competing priorities and drive projects to completion under tight deadlines