Bain & Company is a global consultancy that helps the world’s most ambitious change makers define the future. Across 59 offices in 37 countries, we work alongside our clients as one team with a shared ambition to achieve extraordinary results, outperform the competition and redefine industries. We are passionate about achieving results for our clients (our public clients have historically outperformed the stock market 4:1).
We are proud to be consistently recognized as one of the world's best places to work, a champion of diversity and a model of social responsibility. We are currently ranked the #1 consulting firm on Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work list, and we have maintained a spot in the top four on Glassdoor's list for the last 12 years. We believe that diversity, inclusion and collaboration is key to building extraordinary teams. We hire people with exceptional talents, abilities and potential, then create an environment where you can become the best version of yourself and thrive both professionally and personally. We are publicly recognized by external parties such as Fortune, Vault, Mogul, Working Mother, Glassdoor and the Human Rights Campaign for being a great place to work for diversity and inclusion, women, LGBTQ and parents.
The global PPK group is a key function, which helps to identify, create, and leverage “best of Bain” content, expertise, and also helps Bain practice areas develop commercial strategies.
The Reporting & Analytics Sr. Specialist position is based in Bain’s BCN Gurugram office and is part of a team which provides business intelligence support on key metrics to global functions (not external clients) at Bain. This role primarily comprises executing and leading the following key activities independently and along with the Associate
• Support recurring and ad-hoc analytics on key metrics as required by leadership, using automated data processing and visualization tools
o Drive overall answer on the deliverable from delivery perspective (feasibility, data needed) as well as provide technical guidance to team on deliverables
o Own discrete pieces of output as needed
• Support capability building of the team by executing continuous technical and non-technical trainings for the team based on business needs
Applies and builds technical expertise of Data Visualization and Data Analysis (EDA) tools like Alteryx, Tableau, etc.
• Drives day to day output leveraging EDA tools
• Provides advanced technical analytics guidance to the team
• Actively supports advanced data issues which cannot be resolved by junior team members
• Continually increasing breadth and depth of analytics knowledge in relevant service offerings (Alteryx, Tableau)
Problem solving, hypothesis generation and work-planning
• Manages work-planning and delivery for discrete projects over time
• Leads work-planning (outcomes and timelines) for the assigned projects; manages work-plans for assigned team members
• Monitors and manages workload and resolving overloads
• Effectively communicates and supports meetings with stakeholders, who are senior Bain audience around the world, to deliver clear and professional presentations
• Ensures zero-defect in all deliverables and overseeing production of commercial reports and dashboards, ensuring timely, high quality, zero-defect analysis and output, as per agreed SLAs
• Coaching and training team on tools and processes to drive effectiveness, efficiency and innovation
• Recognize team’s development needs and provide feedback toward constant improvement
Degree level and area of specialization needed for the performance of this role’s Essential Functions Required: First class undergraduate/post graduate from leading and reputed colleges
Preferred: Concentration in a quantitative discipline such as Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, Econometrics, Business Analytics, or Market Research is strongly preferred
Typical number of years/type of experience
Include the required number of years of overall experience as well as years of experience in a particular function (if applicable).
• 6-8 years (graduates) or 4-6 years (post-graduates) of relevant experience working with large, multi-dimensional data sets and developing different types of visualizations
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Include specialized background and key competencies needed to perform the role.
• Strong skills in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint required along with expertise in data analytics software such as Alteryx, Tableau etc. as well as passion for automation of processes/reporting using these tools
• Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
• Ability to prioritize projects, manage multiple competing priorities and drive projects to completion under tight deadlines
• Strong leadership skills and ability to assume leadership role with cross-functional peers
• Experience with using an enterprise data store as the data source or live connection for reports and visuals in BI Tools like Tableau
• Experience with other BI Tools and demonstrate capacity to understand and/or adopt/learn new tools